We’ve had a great start to the 2016-2017 school year. The Back-to-School BBQ on August 9th was a success. Thanks to all of our families, board members, teachers and staff who braved the rainy weather to attend. A BIG thank you to event chairperson Kate Hodges and her team of parent volunteers for coordinating the event. Current enrollment is 80 students. We welcome new teacher Laura Humphrey along with teacher’s assistant Jenelle Vinachi to Morning Star. Kim Strickland, SLP, with Kids’ Clinic of Tampa Bay will be visiting the school twice a week with therapy dogs Dimitri and Tillie (retired). We are so excited to see what the year holds for our students!
Because of grants from Guardian Trust, #CarCreditCares (part of Car Credit of Tampa), Publix Super Markets Charities, Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club and parent fundraising and a little hard work, a new playground was installed at Morning Star School last week. We are MIGHTILY BLESSED! The students were so happy and excited to get out there on the new equipment. Thank you to Wayne Armand of Project Innovations Inc. for putting together a wonderful play area for the kids. Their smiling faces and words of gratitude make everything worth it.
Cory Krauss of Seminole and Sunrise Lanes stopped by our school offices with a check for $5,000. What an awesome way to kick-off the school year. Thank you for your deep commitment to our students and our mission. In addition, we are so pleased to be continuing our tradition of bowling field trips to Seminole Lanes this year. Thank you for your help in making this happen. The children love bowling at Seminole Lanes!
Hello MSS Families and Friends!
Heart of Gold Happy Hour Fundraiser in the OTHERS Hall – April 28th, 530-730p
Please join us for wine and appetizers at our HEART OF GOLD HAPPY HOUR FUNDRAISER!
At our happy hour you’ll be able to:
- Donate any old or unwanted gold, sterling silver and platinum jewelry to MSS
- Receive your tax deductible receipt
- Peruse samples and purchase new jewelry from A Bead of Roses (www.abeadofroses.com)
- Mingle with friends
- Just donate OR just buy OR donate & buy
It’s like a parent meeting but with wine! No children please. Here are the details:
- Date: Tuesday, April 28th
- Time: 530p-730p
- Location: OTHERS Hall
- RSVP by April 24th: Jennifer Brooks (727) 544-6036 or email@example.com
ARE YOU LACKING THE MANDATORY VOLUNTEERS HOURS FOR 2014-2015???
(IT IS 10 HOURS FOR SINGLE PARENT FAMILIES AND 20 HOURS FOR DUAL PARENT FAMILIES.) MANY OF YOU HAVE NOT FULFILLED THE VOLUNTEERING OBLIGATION. (REMEMBER, IT IS $25 FOR EACH VOLUNTEER HOUR NOT FULFILLED.)
WELL, WE HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU!
DONATE ANY UNWANTED GOLD, STERLING SILVER OR PLATINUM JEWELRY AT OUR FUNDRAISER AND YOU WILL SATISFY THE REST OF YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR THE YEAR! GRANDPARENTS, OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS MAY DONATE ON YOUR BEHALF TOO.
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND THE HEART OF GOLD HAPPY HOUR FUNDRAISER, PLEASE DROP OFF THE UNWANTED JEWELRY IN THE SCHOOL OFFICE BY TUESDAY APRIL 28TH. YOU’LL STILL RECEIVE YOUR TAX DEDUCTIBLE RECEIPT AND VOLUNTEER HOURS CREDIT!!!
JOIN US FOR A FREE EVENT FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS AND THEIR FAMILIES!
- DATE: SAT, MARCH 21, 2015
- TIME: 9AM – 12PM
- LOCATION: MORNING STAR SCHOOL @ 4661 80TH AVENUE NORTH, PINELLAS PARK, FL 33781
Come Explore Resources at This Family Event!
- OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- FREE Admission & Parking
- Rain or shine (We’re indoors!)
- Go to www.eventbrite.com to RSVP
- Special-Needs-Friendly “Frozen” themed photo shoot with OLAF with $5 donation benefiting the Mr. Strong Foundation, Inc.*
- Chances to win $25-$50 gift cards to movies, dining, grocery stores and more*
- Chance for ONE Morning Star Family to win $100 off of tuition for 2015-2016*
- Kid’s Fashion Show with fashions provided by The Littlest Trunk & Haus of Style
- Food donated by Chick-fil-A Park Place
*Must RSVP via www.eventbrite.com & attend resource fair to have photo taken & to be eligible to win gift cards & tuition discount; Click here to register!
We’ve had a busy and wonderful Fall semester at Morning Star. The Blessing of our new high school by Monsignor Morris, Scholastic Book Fair, Busch Garden on-campus field trip, Halloween party, St. Pete Santa Parade and Christmas program are some of the hightlights of this amazing year so far. We look forward to the Spring semester!